How Can We Help?
As a member of the Seton Hall community, we have a shared responsibility to recognize the special and vital role we play in sustaining the health and well-being of ourselves, others, and our community. Providing a healthy and safe environment and limiting the spread of COVID-19 depends in large part, on our shared commitment and dedication to the tenets in this Pledge.
I Will Protect Myself By
- Completing a Seton Hall University COVID-19 daily checklist and reporting to a medical professional if I have a temperature 100.3F or higher, fatigue, cough, muscle aches or chills, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, nausea or diarrhea, and/or sore throat.
- Washing my hands often, using soap, for at least twenty seconds.
- Following all medical directions regarding isolation/quarantine if I am diagnosed with COVID-19 or in close and prolonged contact with someone whom I know has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Getting a fall flu vaccine if recommended by my medical provider.
I Will Protect Others By
- Maintaining appropriate physical distancing in all settings, both on and off campuses.
- Wearing an appropriate face mask in public settings on and off campus, classrooms, hallways, campus pathways, common workspaces, meeting rooms, and gathering spaces. Face masks are not required in private offices or student’s individual residential rooms, as long as the doors are closed.
- Staying home when I do not feel well or, when appropriate, after learning that I have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Being sensitive, caring, and respectful to others.
I Will Protect Our Community By
- Carefully observing all directional, instructional, and informational signage.
- Keeping shared common spaces clean.
- Participating in contact tracing and testing.
- Making proper use of and taking care of face masks, coverings, and protective equipment.
- Being responsible for informing my guests or visitors who come on campus of the Pledge and community expectations.
- Abiding by all state regulations and Seton Hall University policies established for physical distancing and promoting the health and safety of our community.
- Adjusting my actions and behavior as needed in response to any changes in guidance from federal, state, and local health authorities.